Historic Home Tour
residence was Mrs.
Barrows’ childhood home. After growing up and moving away, she returned
to Marshall, bought the former family home and has carefully restored
and decorated this appealing house.
The Lumber Wagon
Carriage House is the only one of its kind in Marshall.
This 1904 Colonial Revival home and
the one directly to the north are
identical structurally. Lewis Blanchard and Theodore Bull built these
homes as well as the one to the south of them. Mr. Bull married Mr.
Blanchard’s sister, Sarah, and Mr. Blanchard married Mr. Bull’s sister
Josephine. Mr. And Mrs. Bull had the house directly south (312 High
Street) built for their daughter and son-in-law.
Mr. Blanchard and Mr. Bull owned a lumberyard in downtown Marshall, and
the barn behind the house was used as a pull-through for the lumber
wagon. This barn is still shared by these two homes today.
Staphanie and Brendan Barrows have lived in this home since 1998. Prior
to that, Staphanie’s parents, Meredith and Lorene Wright owned the home
from 1950 to 1987.
Since its last time on the tour in 2000, Stephanie and Brendan have
added many amenities to their home. They have painted, added crown
molding and carpeting, redone the roof and the front walk, and added
oak casings in the living room. As well as the interesting family
antiques and the hand built, 1935 grandfather clock in the foyer, The
Barrows own vast collection of Waterford crystal, Orrefors crystal, and