Historic Home Tour
Trinity Episcopal Church
This Gothic Revival Church was completed in 1864.
Parish was organized in 1836 with its first services conducted in the
Of special interest are the varied and distinguished windows. The oldest, updated and unsigned, contains symbols of the sacraments of the church. From the 1880s is the “Good Shepherd” window and from the 1890s came the “Mary and Martha” window, the elaborately floral Dibble memorial window over the chancel and the “Jesus as Child and Man” window. The “Te Deum" window at the rear of the nave was a gift from parish and community benefactors Harold and Gladys Brooks in 1960.
The organ (three manuals, 37 ranks of pipes) is by the M. P. Moller Company of Hagerstown, MD (1949/1961).
The Marshall Historic Home Tour began in 1957 as a kitchen tour sponsored by the Trinity Church Women. The tour grew rapidly, and in time, its direction was assumed by the Marshall Historical Society.
Please note that Sunday Church tours will begin at noon.
Previous | Home | Next