Historic Home Tour

Marshall Michigan

Swett Home
333 N. Madison Ave.

This attractive brick Gothic Revival home was built in 1857 by early Marshall dry goods merchant Frank Beach. The home features undulating swag bargeboards on the end gables and a center lancet window upstairs. The cast iron railings on the front porch are approximately 180 years old and came from an Albion drugstore balcony. John and Kathy Swett acquired the home in 2002. They moved to Marshall from Anchorage, Alaska where they had lived for 20 years and where the oldest surviving structure was built in 1926.

Previous | Home | Next



 

Photos courtesy of Jan Lee, Backyard Photography
© 2003 All Rights Reserved

 

Photo Tour by Maggie LaNoue