Historic Home Tour
It is believed this Italianate
home was built circa 1860. Shortly after purchasing the home in 1937, former
owners Lewis and Janet Starr contracted significant changes to the home including
removing the original galley kitchen in what is now the garage, installing
bathrooms and a kitchen in the home as well as several doors. The Starrs
also replaced windows, added oak flooring and rebuilt the south porch. All
was done for a quote of $693.00.
One of the windows from this
project was moved from the home to the south side of the garage and displays
a carved entry of “Ella J Potter, June 10, 1881”.
The home is decorated with numerous antiques, photographs, paintings and crafts from the Warrens and their families, several of which are identified throughout the home on your tour. A curved walnut banister highlights the foyer. Mr. And Mrs. Warren are eager to share their passion for preserving the character of our historic structures while adapting them to modern living. They hope to spread their preservation philosophy while they enjoy their love of Marshall.Previous | Home | Next
Photos courtesy of Jan Lee, Backyard Photography
© 2004 All Rights Reserved
Back to MarshallMich.com